Automatic Bank Draft
Our Automatic Bank Draft is designed for members who would prefer to spend their time on something other than writing checks each month.
When you sign up to pay your monthly electric bill automatically from your bank account:
- It saves you time
- It’s one less check to write and keep track of each month
- You’ll see your electric bill payment debited on your bank account statement each month
To EnrollAutomatic Bank Draft Form
*If you have not yet registered for SmartHub, you will be required to create an account.
Once your account is created and you are logged in:
- Go to Billing & Payments
- Go to the Auto Pay Program
- Follow the instructions on the link Sign up for Auto Pay
You can manage your electric account through SmartHub on your mobile device or from your desktop computer.
If your electricity use varies a great deal from month to month or from season to season, your electric bill will also vary a great deal. If this puts a strain on your household budget, or if you would prefer to pay approximately the same amount every month, you might want to sign up for Levelized Billing.
With Levelized Billing:
- The amount of your bill will be based on the average of 12 month’s consumption history
- You will not pay the exact same amount every month, but it will be close to the same
- Some months, the amount you actually owe will be more than the average, some months it will be less
Complete the form and someone will contact you from our office.Levelized Billing Form
You may pay your electric bill through our automated system by calling (877) 760-7445.
- Pay your bill 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- The system will allow you to look up your information by using a phone number or account number
- Please have the correct information available before placing the call
- If you are not able to successfully make your payment, please contact customer service at (800) 814-2931 and select option 4
- All phone payments are subject to a $4 convenience fee
Pay by Check
When you call to pay by check, please have the following information available:
- Name on checking account
- Check number
- Bank routing number
- Checking account number
Credit & Debit Card Payments
- Credit card number
- Expiration date
No deposits. No monthly bills. No reconnection fees.
Traditionally, customers receive a utility bill at the end of the month for all of the electricity they used in the past 30 days. Pre-paid billing works the other way.
The program allows you to:
- Choose how much and how often you want to pay before you use the electricity
- Control your budget and pay how much you want, when you want
There are no security deposits. Your usage and balance are calculated daily, so there are no monthly bills.
If your funds run out:
- Your service will be automatically disconnected
- You will be notified by phone or email that service has been cut off
- You can purchase more power online or by phone any time of day, 7 days a week
- Your power will be restored the same day and you won't be charged a reconnection fee
- Residential South Central members served under Rate Schedule 1
- New applicants requesting residential service
Some restrictions may apply. If you are interested in the Pay-As-You-Go program, contact us.
No, electricity for prepay billing is the same price as traditional billing.
No. If you have a balance on your account and want to convert to prepay billing, South Central will allow you to pay the balance over a period of time. 50% of your energy payments will be applied to your old balance until you have paid the account balance in full.
It's up to you! You can buy energy to last for a few days or several months. Similar to filling up your gas tank, you can put small amounts every few days or you can "fill up" the tank.
Would it be easier for you to make daily, weekly or bi-weekly payments rather than one large payment each month?
- Prepay works best for people who want to take control of their electric accounts and energy usage
- By monitoring your consumption on a regular basis, you will begin to notice patterns in your day-to-day usage
- Any variation from this pattern, such as a house guest (increase) or a vacation (decrease), will become evident as you monitor your account
- Monitoring and controlling daily usage can help keep those electrical costs down
Studies show prepay electricity programs help lower electric consumption due to member's awareness of usage patterns.
Any member interested in monitoring and lowering their electricity usage would benefit from the Pay-As-You-Go program.
South Central Arkansas Electric Cooperative is now accepting payments through MoneyGram to be posted immediately to your utility account
Follow these steps:
- Find a Moneygram location near you (Arkadelphia Walmart is the closest in our service area)
- Bring these with you:
- Cash – enough to pay your bill, plus the fee of $1.50 (issued by MoneyGram, not South Central)
- Your account number
- Receive code: 15144
- Fill out the Blue MoneyGram form to complete the transaction
Your account will not be updated immediately after making this payment, but should within 30 minutes.
Extended Due Date
The Extended Due Date Plan is available to qualifying residential customers and is intended to enable the Cooperative to change a customer’s bill due date, at the customer’s request, to coincide with the customer’s receipt of his or her income.
Customers who qualify under this plan will not be considered delinquent, nor will their account be adversely affected by the Cooperative as long as they are an active participant and do not violate any conditions described for removal of the plan.
You may qualify for the Extended Due Date Plan if your primary source of income is from the following sources:
- Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC)
- Aid to the Aged, Blind, and Disabled
- Supplemental Security Income
- Social Security
- Veterans Administration Disability
To ApplyExtended Due Date Plan Form
Participation in the plan:
- You may become a plan participant by written or verbal notification to the Cooperative
- The Cooperative will require verification of your income source and you will be required to furnish to the Cooperative a copy of your check receipt
- Participation will continue each month thereafter, as long as the account remains active and in good standing
- Any information provided to the Cooperative may be made part of the customer’s account record
- Extended Due Date only applies to customers whose check receipt date occurs after the normal bill due date
Removal from Plan
You may be removed from the Extended Due Date Plan if you:
- Fail to pay your bill by the extended due date 2 times in a row or 3 times in the last 12 months
- Are disconnected for nonpayment of your account
Customers who are removed from the Extended Due Date Plan may reapply for the Plan following a 12-month waiting period.
For our members’ convenience, we have several banks in our cooperative area that will take your bill payment and remit it to us.
Please remember to take your bill stub with you to the bank so that you will receive proper credit to your account.
- Can be made any day of the month
- Are sent electronically to our office on the same day you make the payment
- Made after 4 p.m. at a collecting bank may not be posted to your account until the next working day
Please contact our office if you have a pending disconnect notice so we can post your payment in a timely manner.
First State Bank
100 East Main Street
Gurdon, AR 71743
205 Hwy 70 East
Glenwood, AR 71943
319 East Main Street
Murfreesboro, AR 71958