How we got Started
South Central Arkansas Electric Cooperative, Inc. was incorporated on August 1, 1940, forming a corporation under the "Electric Cooperative Corporation Act" of the State of Arkansas. The Articles of Incorporation stated: The purpose for which the Corporation was organized was to engage in rural electrification and to generate, manufacture, purchase, acquire, and accumulate electric energy and to transmit, distribute, furnish, sell and dispose of such electric energy to its members only;
The original incorporators who served as directors to manage the affairs of the corporation until the first annual meeting were: Carroll Bell, Andrew Terrell, Watson Bledsoe, W.H. Ross, Neill McCaskill, W.C. Caver, Mrs. W.L. Crain, Mrs. H.C. Blanton and W.A. Eakin.
History of Office buildings: